Thursday, January 30, 2014

Constructing a 3D Origami model: Gir from Invader Zim

Hello to any fellow Invader Zim fans and 3D origami creators :) 

'
Today I am sharing another 3D origami creation. This time I was inspired by Gir from the show Invader Zim. After tediously folding over 200 pieces of neon green, a few pieces of black, white, grey, and one pink, I managed to make Gir. 


Above is an image I quickly made for anyone who is curious on how to fold the 3d origami pieces. I use colored copy paper. One sheet of copy paper will allow you to have 32 small rectangular pieces. After you have all the rectangular pieces cut out, you'll want to use the above diagram to help fold the papers into the 3d origami pieces you'll need to stack on top of each other to create the models such as Gir. Hopefully you found this to be helpful...happy folding.

No comments:

Post a Comment